Ever feel like you are all alone in the world and no one cares?
Ever feel like you can cry out to God but you never get a response?
The right word at the right time can help us when we need comfort in our suffering. Here are 10 Bible verses with words that have the power to give that comfort. ( found on “All Pro Dad”)
1. Job 5:11 The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
2. Psalm 27:13-14 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
3. Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
4. John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
5. Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose.
6. Romans 8:37-38 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
7. Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
8. 2 Corinthians 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
9. Philippians 4:6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.
10. Hebrews 13:5 I will never leave you or forsake you.
We are all going through tough times right now. Some are handling it well and some…not so much. But I have faith that God is truly there for me. For us. I have called out to Him many times and he has answered my prayers in miraculous ways. He tells us that… ” In this world you will have trouble. ” … but we can be comforted by staying close to Him in our thoughts and prayer life.
You matter to Him and you matter to me. If you are struggling…reach out. Call on God. Call a friend. Don’t struggle alone. We WILL get through this time and be better for it. “Any healing communion that we can give will come not through our strength, but through our brokenness.” (A.Voskamp) We are all feeling pretty ‘broken’ right now. But perhaps my brokenness can speak to your brokenness and we can lift each other up. We can find peace by being there for each other. Our sufferings matter…be they huge or seemingly small. And over here in Edmonton this -26 day can be enough to make anyone feel down.
Albertans can also access services by calling the Addiction Helpline at 1-866-332-2322, Mental Health Helpline 1-877-303-2642 or visiting www.ahs.ca/helpintoughtimes.
You matter. Take much care, my friends.